PRIVACY & POLICIES
WTF MEDIA operates the portal in worldwide, which offers cricket, soccer, american football, baseball and basketball fantasy games through the web-portal WTF MEDIA.com and associated Facebook application, partner website(s) and mobile application(s) (collectively referred to as the “Portal”) (WTF MEDIA referred to herein as “WTF MEDIA” or “we” or “us” “our”)
WTF MEDIA respects the privacy of its Users and is committed to protect it in all respects. With a view to offer an enriching and holistic internet experience to its Users, WTF MEDIA offers a vast repository of Services. Kindly take time to read the ‘About Us’ section to know more about WTF MEDIA. Most of the Services are offered for free but you may need registration to participate in WTF MEDIA’s online games. The information about the User is collected by WTF MEDIA as (i) information supplied by Users and (ii) information automatically tracked during User’s navigation on WTF MEDIA.
Purpose and Usage:To avail certain Services on the Portal, Users would be required to provide certain information for the registration process namely:
- Email address
- Date of birth
In the course of providing you with access to the Services , and in order to provide you access to the features offered through the Portal and to verify your identity, you may be required to furnish additional information, including your Permanent Account Number.
In certain instances, we may also collect Sensitive Personal Information (“SPI”) from you on the Portal. SPI means such personal information which consists of information relating to your physical, physiological and mental health condition; medical records and history; biometric information, sexual orientation and financial information, such as information regarding the payment instrument/modes used by you to make such payments, which may include cardholder name, credit/debit card number (in encrypted form) with expiration date, banking details, wallet details etc. This information is presented to you at the time of making a payment to enable you to complete your payment expeditiously.
All required information is specific and based on the kind of Game/ Services the User wishes to participate in or access, and will be utilized for the purpose of providing services, including but not limited to the Services requested by the User. The information as supplied by the Users enables us to improve the Services and provide you the most user-friendly game experience.
WTF MEDIA may also share such information with affiliates and third parties in limited circumstances, including for the purpose of providing services requested by the User, complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.Disclosure/Sharing:WTF MEDIA may also share information as provided by you and data concerning usage of the Services and participation in the Games with third party service providers engaged by WTF MEDIA, for the purpose of data analytics or other similar purposes, for the purpose of storage, improving the services and helping WTF MEDIA serve you better.
Where we propose to use your personal information (that is, information that that may be used to identify the User and that is not otherwise publicly available) for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
By using the Portal, you hereby expressly agree and grant consent to the collection, use and storage of this information by WTF MEDIA. WTF MEDIA reserves the right to share, disclose and transfer information collected hereunder with its own affiliates. In the event WTF MEDIA sells or transfers all or a portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets that are shared, disclosed or transferred as part of the transaction. You hereby expressly grant consent and permission to WTF MEDIA for disclosure and transfer of information to such third parties. WTF MEDIA may share information as provided by you and data concerning usage of the Services and participation in the Game with its commercial partners for the purpose of facilitating user engagement, for marketing and promotional purposes and other related purposes. Further, WTF MEDIA reserves the right to disclose personal information as obligated by law, in response to duly authorized legal process, governmental requests and as necessary to protect the rights and interests of WTF MEDIA.
WTF MEDIA’s web servers automatically collect limited information about User’s computer’s connection to the Internet, including User’s IP address, when the User visits the Portal. (User’s IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send data to the User — such as the web pages viewed by the User). The User’s IP address does not identify the User personally. WTF MEDIA uses this information to deliver its web pages to Users upon request, to tailor its Portal to the interests of its users, to measure traffic within the Portal and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where WTF MEDIA’s visitors come.
Security Procedures:All information gathered on WTF MEDIA is securely stored within WTF MEDIA- controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to such servers being password-protected and strictly limited based on need-to-know basis. However, we understand that as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. Thus, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Further, any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas will be available to anyone with Internet access. By using the Portal, you understand and agree that your information may be used in or transferred to countries worldwide.
Advertising:When WTF MEDIA presents information to it’s online advertisers — to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on the Portal — it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site. When you register with WTF MEDIA, we contact you from time to time about updating your content to provide features which we believe may benefit you.
Several deceptive emails, websites, blogs etc. claiming to be from or associated with WTF MEDIA may or are circulating on the Internet. These emails, websites, blogs etc. often include our logo, photos, links, content or other information. Some emails, websites, blogs etc. call the user to provide login name, password etc. or that the user has won a prize/ gift or provide a method to commit illegal/ unauthorized act or deed or request detailed personal information or a payment of some kind. The sources and contents of these emails, websites, blogs etc. and accompanying materials are in no way associated with WTF MEDIA. For your own protection, we strongly recommend not responding to emails or using websites, blogs etc. We may use the information provided by you to WTF MEDIA, including your email address or phone number, to contact you about the Services availed by you or to inform you of our updated Services if any.
Conditions of Use:WTF MEDIA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS PORTAL, IT’S SERVERS, OR EMAIL SENT BY US OR ON OUR BEHALF ARE VIRUS FREE. WTF MEDIA WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS PORTAL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, GOODWILL, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL WTF MEDIA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER IN AN AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF AN AMOUNT OF INR 100.
Updating Information:You will promptly notify WTF MEDIA if there are any changes, updates or modifications to your information. Further, you may also review, update or modify your information and user preferences by logging into your Profile page on the Portal.
Managing user’s data for Facebook:We are capturing the following information for a Facebook registration/login:
5. Marital Status
6. Email address
Should a user wish to delete his/her profile from the WTF Media app database, they may contact on email@example.com, with a valid reason to delete their data.
Contact Us:Any questions or clarifications with respect to this Policy or any complaints, comments, concerns or feedback can be sent to WTF MEDIA at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by normal/physical mail addressed to:
Attn: WTF MEDIA Team
WTF Media uses Youtube and Google APIs.
T&Cs FOR: WTF POINTS, REWARDS, REFERRAL, COLLECTIBLES AND SPIN THE WHEEL.
About WTF LP, Referral, Reward program, and Spin the Wheel program.
WTF Points program:
WTF Media offers its users loyalty points in various forms for their regular and continuous use of the WTF Media App. These points are provided for performing various actions in the app. Each registered user who completes the minimum tasks outlined in the “How to Participate” section in the app gets to earn WTF Points. Users are issued Points as per the guidelines in the “How to participate” section. Users of the app get to earn tokens in exchange for their levels of engagement in the app and on each successful referral. The WTF Points are rewarded purely for the user’s usage/engagement within the WTF Media App and WTF Media do not permit any purchase or accrual of these Points in any other way. These Points may be redeemed by Users in exchange for the products displayed in the app’s marketplace corner.
This is a program to invite your friends and family into the WTF Media mobile app. WTF Media provided the users to earn WTF Points via this program.
This program allows the users of WTF Media mobile app to redeem exciting gifts in exchange for their WTF Points.
Spin the Wheel:
This program has been designed to test the luck of the users. Players are required to spin a wheel and basis the final sector arrived by their spin they are rewarded with the respective no. of WTF Points.
Every sports fan remembers his/her iconic moments in their choicest sport. Collectibles is our attempt for sports fans around the world to own a token of memory within the realms of the WTF MEDIA mobile app for fun and for non commercial purposes only.
How To Join the WTF Points program
- Download the WTF Media mobile app from the android playstore or apple appstore.
- Register yourself in the app
iii. Engage in the app(share your posts, like/comment other’s posts, invite friends to the WTF Media app etc.)
Program eligibility / Who can join?
You should be a registered user of the WTF Media mobile app in a supported android/apple device.
How To Earn Loyalty Points
Engage in the app(share your posts, like/comment on others’ posts, invite friends to the WTF Media app, etc.)
How to Redeem LPs
You may go to the Rewards/marketplace section of the app, and select the product matching the no. of WTF points you have. Post selection, you will be guided to mention your delivery address and our team will get the product delivered to your doorstep via our local partners in your region.
Loyalty Points expiration schedule
Unused Loyalty Points shall expire after 365 days of earning.
Refer & Earn: How does it work?
Refer your friends through your customized referral code from the WTF Media mobile app in the WTF Hub section, go to the ‘Refer & Earn’ section and share your unique referral code with your friends on Whatsapp, Facebook, and other social mediums. When you refer a friend and they join WTF Media, your friend gets an instant 1000 WTF Points credited into his/her account and you’ll receive 1000 WTF Points when your friends sign-up.
Loyalty Points T&Cs
The website located at www.wtfmedia.io (“WTF” or the “Site”) is owned and operated by WTF Media Pte Ltd. (“Points”), a Singapore registered entity. When used herein the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Points.
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update these terms and conditions of use. We will notify you of such changes by email at the address you registered with or by a prominent notice on the Site. Your continued usage of the Site following such notification shall constitute your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to any such changes you must immediately cease using the Site.
Images used by WTF Media mobile app as Collectibles:
These images are being used for fun only. These images are the property of the respective owners. WTF Media mobile app is not using these images for a cash value.
Use of WTF Generally
- As a condition of your use of this Site, you warrant that (i) you are at least 18 years of age; (ii) you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation; (iii) you will use this Site in accordance with this Agreement; (iv) you will only use this Site to make legitimate reservations for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act; (v) you will inform such other persons about the terms and conditions that apply to the reservations you have made on their behalf, including all rules and restrictions applicable thereto; and (vi) all information supplied by you on this Site is true, accurate, current and complete. We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny access to anyone to this Site and the services we offer, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, for violation of this Agreement.
- You may only register one Points Loyalty Wallet account on WTF.
- You may join WTF directly or through Facebook Connect. When you join WTF directly as a new user, you will be required to provide a password for your account. Your email address will be used as your login identification. When you join through Facebook Connect, your Facebook login credentials will be used to open and access your account with WTF.
- You are responsible for keeping your user ID and password confidential.
- We reserve the right to terminate and delete any accounts at our sole and absolute discretion at any time and without notice.
- You may use WTF for personal purpose only and not for any business, commercial or other use.
- We are entitled to act on all instructions received by anyone using your account and are not responsible for any transaction made without your authorization.
- You agree that we may transfer your personal data, or the personal data of others on whose behalf you are transacting, for the purposes of facilitating a transaction and providing sales support for a transaction.
- You consent to receive transactional, commercial and marketing communications both related to WTF specifically, and to our other products and services generally, from us electronically, except in those jurisdictions where your express consent is required to receive commercial or marketing communications electronically. Commercial and marketing communications may include notifications about relevant special offers or opportunities available from our partners. In such event, we will send you commercial or marketing communications electronically only if you have provided your express consent by proactively opting-in to receive such communications from Points regarding its products and services.
- We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on WTF. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- To the extent you transact on this Site through call center agents, you agree that this Agreement shall apply to all such transactions.
- Please read the Agreement carefully. If you do not accept all of these terms and conditions, please do not use this Site.
The content and information on this Site, as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us, our suppliers and/or our loyalty program partners. You are licensed to use our Site solely for the purpose set out above. You are not permitted to copy our Site. While you may make limited copies of transaction related documents for products or services purchased or exchanged through this Site, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through this Site. Additionally, you agree not to:
- make any speculative, false, or fraudulent claims about your membership to any loyalty rewards program or make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand;
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Site using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Site or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Site;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of this Site (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any transaction) for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of this Site into any other website without our prior written authorization.
Tracking Your Balances
WTF allows you to track the balances in the loyalty programs you belong to. In order for us to track your balances and display them to you, we need to know specific information regarding your loyalty reward program accounts. This information enables us to update your account balances on an ongoing basis. By providing this information to us you authorize us to use and disclose such information to third parties on your behalf in order to display your balances and to execute and complete transactions on WTF.
- WTF allows you to conduct the following loyalty program currency transactions:
- You may buy loyalty program currency in select loyalty programs;
- You may exchange your loyalty program currency from one program to another; or
- You may redeem your loyalty program currency for gift and stored value cards.
- The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions you conduct through WTF:
- ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE. ONCE A TRANSACTION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED IT MAY NOT BE CANCELLED OR REVERSED;
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REVIEW, CANCEL AND REVERSE ANY TRANSACTION IN THE EVENT OF FRAUD, A CHARGE-BACK OF ANY TRANSACTION FEE PAID BY CREDIT CARD, OR AN ERROR OR MISTAKE MADE BY US, INCLUDING ERRORS IN ANY LOYALTY POINT CONVERSION, REDEMPTION OR SWAP RATE. YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE REMOVAL OF LOYALTY POINTS FROM YOUR LOYALTY PROGRAM ACCOUNTS AS REQUIRED BY US TO REVERSE A CANCELLED TRANSACTION;
- you agree to comply with the terms, conditions and rules of the loyalty programs involved in your transaction;
- if your transaction requires a cash payment, we will collect certain credit card information from you,
- by submitting the transaction, you authorize us to charge your credit card for the amount indicated;
- Points acknowledge its obligation to protect cardholder data it processes or accesses through WTF and acknowledges it will maintain PCI DSS compliance with respect to such data.
- Additional terms and conditions apply to certain transactions as follows:
- Exchanging Loyalty Program Currency. In order to complete an exchange of your loyalty program currency from one program (“program A”) to another program (“program B”), you must be a member of both programs. We will first redeem your currency from program A on your behalf and then use the proceeds from that transaction, net of our commission, and any applicable taxes, to purchase the maximum amount of currency in program B possible. The rate you receive from program A for redeeming your currency and the rate charged by program B to acquire currency are determined by the applicable loyalty programs and not by us. With certain exceptions, we generally charge a commission of 15% on the proceeds from the redemption of currency from program A.
Misprints and Errors
We endeavour to provide current and accurate information on WTF regarding the offers and transactions available to you. Nevertheless, errors and misprints occur. Accordingly, we reserve the right to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any transaction for which the price or offer details were incorrectly displayed or for which any other erroneous or inaccurate information was provided. We reserve the right to do this at any time during the transaction process, including after a transaction has been submitted and even if the transaction has been confirmed by us. Under no circumstances are we obligated to process or complete any transaction based on any error, misprint or otherwise.
You represent and warrant that you exclusively own any content that you post to WTF. To the extent any such content is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos, you specifically grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use such content on or in connection with our Site.
Any data, text, graphics, images, audio and video clips, logos, icons, software, and links (collectively, the “Materials”), and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto, are and will remain the property of Points, our suppliers and/or our loyalty program partners. The Materials and the selection, compilation, collection, arrangement, and assembly thereof are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on downloaded and copied Materials, and any such downloads or copies are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
You may make limited copies of documents related to transactions conducted via the Site (e.g., your travel itinerary, car-rental confirmation, or related documents) for personal, non-commercial use. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute the Materials or other content or information available on or through the Site in any way without our prior written permission. Use or downloading of the Materials is conditioned on acceptance of the terms and conditions of any license agreements relating to such Materials, including agreements of third parties. By acquiring or using the Materials, you agree to such terms and conditions.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Site (collectively the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Points, our suppliers and/or loyalty program partners, or their respective licensors and suppliers. The Trademarks, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, or in any manner that disparages Points, our suppliers and/or loyalty program partners, or their respective licensors and suppliers. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark.
This Agreement shall remain effective until we or you terminate it. We may terminate this Agreement, your account and/or your ability to use the Site or any portion thereof immediately, without notice to you, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, including if, in our sole discretion, you fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions of use or engage in any fraudulent, criminal or other unauthorized activity. We may also close and terminate your account due to inactivity.
We reserve the right, at any time, to: (1) change the terms and conditions of this agreement; (2) change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Site; and/or (3) change any fees or charges for use of the Site. Any changes we make will be effective immediately and automatically without further or special notice. Your continued use of the Site following such changes will be deemed acceptance of such changes.
We further reserve the right at any time, without notice, to: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Site, or any portion of the Site, for any reason; (2) to modify or change the Site, or any portion of the Site, and any applicable policies or terms; and/or (3) to interrupt the operation of the Site, or any portion of the Site, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
Governing Law and Disputes
This Agreement and your use of WTF is governed exclusively by the laws of Singapore notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any claim, dispute or controversy between you and us shall be determined by final and binding arbitration, with no right of appeal, even on questions of law. Such arbitration will be conducted in Singapore. If the foregoing arbitration is not permitted by applicable law or any court with jurisdiction, you irrevocably agree that all claims, disputes or controversies shall be settled exclusively by the courts of Singapore.
You agree that your use of the Site shall be at your sole risk. The Site and the services offered thereon are provided “as is” without warranty, representation, condition or guarantee of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties, representations, conditions or guarantees of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, all of which are disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. Points nor any of its affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, and agents warrant that your use of the Site or the software will be uninterrupted, error-free or secure, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site, the server(s) on which the Site is hosted or software are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Although Points makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the balances displayed to you on WTF are accurate and up to date, we cannot ensure that this will always be the case and hereby disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy of such balances.
Limitation of Liability
Neither Points its suppliers and/or its loyalty program partners, nor any of our/their affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers, or sponsors, nor any of our/their directors, officers, employees, contractors, consultants, agents, or other representatives, are responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or other damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business, loss of data, or lost profits), under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to the Site and/or materials contained on the Site, the software, any linked site or any product or service purchased through the Site.
Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site, materials, software or any linked site is to stop using the Site, materials, software or linked site, as applicable. Our maximum liability for all damages, losses and causes of action, whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise, shall in no event exceed the amount paid by you for the transaction giving rise to the claim. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Points, and our respective affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers, and sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, consultants, agents, and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement; (b) any allegation that any submissions or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the Site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Site.
Entire Agreement, Waiver and Severability
We shall have no liability for delays or failure in performance caused by any event beyond our control.
Use of the Term “Partner”
The use of the term “partner” on WTF and in any other materials is not intended to indicate that such a loyalty program is in a legal partnership with us. Rather, the term is used in a marketing sense to show participation by the “partners” in Points’ products and services
By using our Sites, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy. Your consent is the legal basis for our use of your personal information. You can withdraw your consent at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
This policy is divided into three general areas: (i) how we process your information; (ii) your rights with respect to your personal data; and (iii) information on cookies, third party sites, security measures and similar issues that may impact personal data. At the end of the policy, we provide you with information on how to contact our Data Privacy Officer and, for those individuals residing in the European Economic Area, our EU Representative.
Who We Collect Information From
We collect personal information from:
- visitors to our Sites;
- individuals who establish a relationship with us by telephone, sign up to receive communications or who sign up for WTF Media services; and
- customers of those of our Partners who have engaged us to deliver services on their behalf.
Our Sites are not intended for children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected personal information pertaining to a child under the age of consent in the country where the child is located without valid consent, we will delete such information from our records.
What Personal Information We Collect
We may collect personal information which includes:
- user account information that you upload on our Sites, such as your picture, name, home address, email address and phone number;
- loyalty program account information for the third party loyalty programs you register with our Sites, including your program account numbers, passwords and balances, and details of buy, sell, trade and redemption transactions involving those loyalty programs;
- information for travel bookings through our Sites, including personal information of people you make reservations or bookings for using our Sites. It is your responsibility to obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information;
- information about any other services booked or purchases made through our Sites;
- purchase and sale transaction information such as your credit card information and the details of your transaction;
- information contained in any email messages, questions, comments, complaints or requests you send us;
- your current geographic location;
- your IP address;
- the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you used to access our Sites, and information about your computer’s operating system, such as application versions and your language settings;
- information about which pages have been shown to you, site navigation details and links on our Sites that you follow;
- information you submit to our Sites in connection with sweepstakes, contests, surveys and other promotions offered by us; and
- information, including images, contained in posts you make about Points and its services on publicly accessible websites, blogs, mobile applications and/or community forums.
When you use our mobile applications, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our Sites. Our mobile applications also use the unique device identifier for the device on which you have installed our mobile application, as well as error reporting information if the application stops working properly.
We may also receive personal information about you from our loyalty program and redemption partners (collectively, our “Partners”) to the extent that you have given consent to the Partner to provide us with such Personal Information.
Special Categories of Personal Data
We do not process special categories of data, namely, sensitive personal data that reveal racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
How We Use Personal Information
We will only collect and use your personal information for the following purposes, except as permitted or required by applicable law:
- allowing you to track, manage and access your loyalty points and miles on our Sites;
- allowing you to gather and view your travel information on our Sites;
- processing transactions that you have submitted to us and displaying your account history to you;
- acknowledging your comments and/or replying to your questions, complaints and requests;
- communicating with you and providing you with information on and direct marketing of special offers or promotions (including sweepstakes and contests) that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to serve advertisements to you in various marketing channels, including but not limited to social media, search engines, mobile apps, and various websites including our own Sites;
- to notify you of offers of Points products and services that may be of interest to you;
- for market research. We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent;
- for profiling and analytical purposes, including marketing and website analytics, in order to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, as well as the products and services marketed to you, and to make the Sites easier to use;
- to provide customer service;
- for improved service, when you make calls to our Customer Service Team an automated telephone number detection system to relate your telephone number to your existing reservations;
- communicating with you by email, mail and phone to handle any requests you or your booked accommodations have made;
- improving the performance and utility of our services;
- generally managing and administering our business;
- preventing and prosecuting fraud and/or credit risk;
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements; and
- any other purpose to which you may consent in the future.
Limited to Disclosed Purposes
We limit the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information to that which is needed to achieve the above noted purposes.
Special Note on Profiling
We may analyse your personal information (including through the use of automated processes) in order to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information or to offer you services that are relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from our Partners and other external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use and analyse your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Who We Disclose Personal Information To
We will only disclose your personal information in the following circumstances, except as permitted or required by applicable law:
- from one WTF Media Affiliate to another WTF Media Affiliate to allow WTF Media Affiliates to offer their products and services to you;
- to our Partners and other third party suppliers, as necessary to provide you with services that you have requested or to fulfill the transactions you have submitted;
- to third party companies and contractors that provide us with services in the conduct of our business (“service providers”), such as payment processing services, information technology services for our software applications, advertising, marketing and survey services and other essential similar services, but only as necessary for those service providers to provide services to us;
- to third parties as we deem necessary or appropriate to prevent, limit or otherwise prosecute fraud;
- as necessary to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- any other circumstance in which you provide consent to disclose.
All WTF Media service providers are contractually bound to keep your information secure. Our service providers can use, store and disclose your personal information solely for purposes for which it is disclosed to them (to provide us with services).
We may use and disclose your personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, sale or other business transaction involving part or all of our business or assets. Such use and disclosure would be for the purpose of allowing third parties to determine whether to proceed with the proposed transaction, and if the transaction proceeds, for the purpose of completing the transaction. Assignees or successors to our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes described in this policy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Sites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Other Data Protection Laws and Privacy Policies Impacting Personal Data
WTF Media, our Partners and our service providers are located in various jurisdictions including, among others, Southeast Asia, the United States and the European Union and, as a result, your personal information may be stored, processed or transferred into or out of these countries. The data protection laws in these countries may be different to those in your country and your information may be subject to access by the regulatory authorities in, and to the laws of, those other jurisdictions.
We will retain your personal information for as long as
- your account is active;
- your personal information is needed to provide you services; or
- it is necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance and audit requirements.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is correct, complete and up-to-date to the extent we are notified of any changes by you. You can review and update your personal information on our Sites. You can assist by keeping us informed of any changes, or informing us if you find any errors in our information about you. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party that you are aware of, we would be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information upon your request.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information
If you wish to change any of your personal information we have on file in our records, other than that available to you and capable of being modified through the Services, you may contact our Privacy Officer as noted at the bottom of this page. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to making corrections.
You are entitled to be informed or and have access to any of your personal information in our custody or control. Upon written request to our Privacy Officer as noted at the bottom of this page, we will provide you with your personal information under our custody or control, as well as information regarding how your personal information is being used and the identity of any third party(s) to whom that information has been disclosed. Please note that we may not be able to provide access to personal information in certain circumstances, such as if the personal information was collected for the purposes of an investigation, if disclosure would reveal the personal information of a third party, or if prohibited by law. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to providing such access.
Rights of European Data Subjects
In addition to rights with respect to your personal data already noted elsewhere in this policy, for those individuals residing in the European Economic Area, you have certain additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Restrictions on Further Processing
You have the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or basis of processing of your personal data, to request a restriction on further processing by us.
You have the right to erasure of your personal data (“right to be forgotten”) in certain circumstances.
You have the right to request that personal data that you have provided to us be returned to you, or be provided to another third party of your choice, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making. In connection with such right, you may have the right to request human intervention with respect to such automated decision-making, as well as express your point of view or contest any such automated decision-making.
Opt-out of Direct Marketing / Profiling
You may elect to “opt out” of direct marketing activities, including any profiling we may conduct for direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we may rely on your consent permitting us to process your information in accordance with this policy for direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing, unless you take affirmative action to opt out of such processing. You may opt out at any time by contacting our Data Privacy Officer or EU Representative, as provided further below.
Lodge Complaints with Supervisory Authorities
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority in your country.
Cookies and JSON Web Tokens
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. JSON web tokens, or JWT tokens, are authentication confirmations that are used to authenticate a user. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies, as well as JWT tokens on our Sites. Session ID cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. Cookies provide us with information on your use of our Sites, including the time and length of your visit, the pages you look at on our Sites, the website you visited just before coming to ours, and the name of your Internet service provider.
We use session cookies and tokens to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites. We use persistent cookies and tokens to store your username, so you don’t have to enter it more than once, and to track and target your interests, to evaluate the performance of our Sites, and to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you and enhance your experience on our Sites.
You can reject cookies by adjusting the preference settings in your browser. If you reject our cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of certain features available on our Sites, such as contests and surveys.
Clear gifs (also known as tracking pixels or web beacons) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. They are used to track the online movements of users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We and our service providers use clear gifs to help us better manage content on our Sites, by informing us what content is effective, and to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and marketing campaigns. For instance, we use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients and to allow us to serve you related advertising on the Internet.
Social Media Features
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal information uploaded to our Sites is transmitted to us using industry standard encryption, which creates a private conversation between your computer and our Sites. We authenticate our Sites and enable TLS/SSL encryption to protect your sensitive data and transactions.
Nevertheless, WTF Media cannot absolutely guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that your personal information in our possession or under our control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify you and take other steps in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
Remember that email sent over the Internet is generally unencrypted and transmitted in clear text. We recommend that you use caution when forwarding free-format email messages to us and that you do not include confidential information (such as unique user IDs, passwords or personally identifiable information) in those messages. Confidential information should be transmitted to us through other secure methods such as by telephone.
Revision of Policy
This policy may be revised from time to time. We will notify you of material changes prior to such material change being effective, either by email at the address you have provided to us in connection with your registration on our Sites or by a prominent notice on our Sites. Your continued use of our Sites or failure to cancel your account on our Sites following such notification shall constitute your acceptance of the revised policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Disputes and Complaints
Q: Can I get money in exchange of WTF Points
A: No, WTF Media does not give money in any form to the user’s in exchange for their WTF Points.
Q: IS the program GDPR compliant?
Q: Are my personal details secure?
A: Yes, User details stored within WTF Media are secure as per the above policy.
Q: How can I opt out of this program
A: You can’t. Once you download the app and register you are in the program.